An employer assistance program is an employer-sponsored service designed for personal or family problems, including mental health, substance abuse, various addictions such as a gambling addiction, marital problems, parenting problems, emotional problems, or financial and legal concerns. This is typically a service provided by an employer for their employees, designed to assist employees in getting help for these problems so that they may remain on the job and be a productive employee.
This is a work-based involvement program designed to identify and assist employees in resolving personal issues such as a gambling addiction, debt problems, foreclosure prevention, etc. We offer this service to businesses that have training programs for their employees.
We provide a full-time education department and offer financial literacy education programs for both consumers and companies. Topics include, but are not limited to: budgeting, using credit wisely, housing counseling, and understanding your credit report.
Here are a few more programs that we offer:
- Budgeting Basics: How to avoid having too much month left at the end of your paycheck
- Find out where your money goes and how to direct it elsewhere for better control of your family finances
- Give Yourself Credit: A discussion of household spending and credit use
- Learn how to use credit appropriately (and what it can cost you if you don’t).
- Understanding Credit Reports and Scores
- Learn about your credit report and credit scores and how those numbers affect your financial life
- Personal Financial Management 101
- Learn the basics of budgeting, setting financial goals, the wise use of credit, appropriate levels of insurance and keeping accurate financial records
- How to Spend the Rest of Your Life
- A guide for college students and young adults facing spending decisions and using credit for the first time
- Identity Theft
- What is identity theft? How does it occur? Learn how to minimize the risk of identity theft and what to do if you become a victim
- The Road to Credit Recovery
- Learn how to improve your reputation and re-establish credit after experiencing financial problems. Topics in the class include credit reports, credit card scams and managing future credit
- Shopping Smart
- Learn how to shop without breaking your budget. Get tips on grocery, clothing and miscellaneous shopping
- Surviving Unemployment
- Learn what to do when your income drops. Find out how to evaluate “before” and “after” income, expenses and debts and learn strategies to help you through this difficult time.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Inc. (CCCS of NEPA) has been acquired by Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc. (Advantage CCS).
Advantage CCS is Pennsylvania’s largest credit counseling and debt management agency. CCCS of NEPA will continue to be a trusted community partner in central and northeastern Pennsylvania. The joined agencies will both continue to offer credit counseling, debt management, housing counseling, as well as bankruptcy counseling and bankruptcy education services.
Founded in 1968, Advantage CCS is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with multiple office locations across the state. Advantage CCS is a Non-Profit credit counseling agency that is accredited and licensed. We are proud members of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).